It is envisaged that the North Quays will be complete by 2022. The following timelines set out key milestones achieved in 2018 /19, with links to associated documentation.
- February 2018 – Making of the Strategic Development Zone Planning Scheme
- July 2018 – Public consultation for the Sustainable Transport Bridge
- October 2018 – Confirmation of Compulsory Purchase Order authorising compulsory acquisition of lands and entitled Waterford City and County Council, North Quays Development, Waterford CPO 2017 (No. 1).
- November 2018 – Waterford City Council awarded €1.75 million funding under the Sustainable Transport Management Grant for 2018 and €6 million funding under the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund for 2019.
- December 2018 – Part 10 application submitted to An Bord Pleanála for River Suir Sustainable Transport Bridge. Includes an Environmental Impact Assessment Report and Natura Impact Statement.
- January 2019 – Council members resolved to proceed with the development as per the amendments and recommendations for the SDZ Access and Public Road Infrastructure, Rock Face Stabilisation and Railway Protection Works as Chief Executive’s Report.
The following timelines are proposed for future elements of the North Quays project:
- Quarter 2 2019 – Falcon Real Estate Development Ireland to submit planning application for mixed use development within the Strategic Development Zone.
- Quarter 3 2019 – Waterford City and County Council to submit planning application for Transportation hub.
- Quarter 4 2019 – Waterford City & County Council to commence demolition contract / enabling works and Kilkenny County Council to commence construction works on the Serviced Lands Initiatives in Ferrybank / Belview area. Falcon Real Estate Development Ireland to commence construction works within the Strategic Development Zone site.
- Quarter 2 2020 – Waterford City and County Council to commence construction contract for Sustainable Transport Bridge.
- Quarter 3 2020 – Waterford City and County Council to commence construction contract for Access Infrastructure and Transportation Hub.