Waterford City Region
- Waterford is Ireland’s largest City Region catchment area with a 603,902 population within a 60 minute drive.
- Waterford City is Ireland’s fastest growing city region where GVA per capita growth has increased by 74% since 2000. The 7th fastest growing region in the EU in terms of GVA per capita.
- Waterford City population to grow by 60% to 86,000 by 2040 with a projected 30% regional population growth to 804,000 population by 2040.
- Waterford is Ireland’s Oldest City with a rich and varied cultural and industrial heritage which dates back centuries but continues today.
- Waterford is a compact, vibrant, livable and sustainable City with an enviable quality of life.
- Waterford City Region will see €500 million investment in Ireland’s only regional Strategic Development Zone site outside Dublin.Waterford City Region is home to Ireland’s top ranked Institute of Technology attracting more H2020 funding than any other IoT and 2nd only to UCD.
- Waterford City Region offers a competitive cost base where companies can realise a 33% cost saving per employee.
- The Port of Waterford is a deep-water port connected to global shipping hubs, providing access to the European, American and Asian markets.
- Waterford City Region has one of the most vibrant, structured, cohesive and collaborative innovation ecosystem in Ireland.